Welcome to Belle Aire School! Home of the Bulldogs!
The following information is designed to help you feel more comfortable starting at Belle Aire School. An Ambassador family can be assigned to you to help with any questions that you may have about our school and the PTA throughout the school year.
- School registration is due into the school office. Please contact the school at 630-719-5820 for details.
- Once you have registered with school, the PTA Registration will be found on the PTA website under Get Involved –> Join PTA
- PTA Registration is held in the school gym in August prior to the start of school. You will be able to do the following there:
- Find out your child’s teacher and classroom location. Classes are posted in the gym.
- Sign up for hot lunches (grades K(OKEEP)-6) and other PTA sponsored activities.
- Volunteer on various PTA committees.
- View samples and order Spirit Wear.
- Approximately one week into school, a school-wide informational night is held for parents.
- This is a Parents Only event.
- You will find out what is being taught to your child and what their teacher expects of you and the children.
- You can sign up to be a PTA Room Parent Volunteer, Photography volunteer and volunteer your time in the LRC (Library).
STUDENT’S DAILY SCHEDULE
- Each class has a designated door where your child will enter school.
- There are blue lines located outside each door. These lines are where your child lines up before school.
- The first bell rings at 8:18am. The students will line-up outside their designated door.
- The second bell rings at 8:20 am. The students are let into the building to hang up coats and proceed to their classrooms.
- The third bell rings at 8:25 am to indicate the start of the school day.
- There is a morning recess around 10:00 am.
- Lunch/Recess (Grades K(OKEEP)-6) is from 11:40am – 12:20pm. Grades K(OKEEP)-3: Lunch 11:40-12:00 & Recess 12:00-12:20. Grades 4-6: Recess 11:40-12:00 & Lunch 12:00-12:20.
- Grades K(OKEEP)-6: School ends at 2:55pm. If you are picking your child up from school they will come out of the same door they entered.
- AM Kindergarten hours: 8:20 enter school with teacher & 11:05 depart with teacher. Kindergarten students enter on the East side of the building and exit out of the front East door.
- Parking is PROHIBITED on the East side of Belle Aire Drive. You may park in a designated spot in the parking lot and along the West side of Belle Aire Drive. There is additional parking at Herbert Court and Parrish Court.
- The circular drive is designated for the “pick up line”. Please do not park in the circular drive or get out of your car when picking up/dropping off in the pick-up line.
- We have three class parties a year and a year-end picnic. The parties celebrate Halloween, Winter Holiday and Valentine’s Day (Spring Fling).
- At Halloween all of the students change into their costumes at lunch time and there is a parade around the building (weather permitting) for parents to enjoy.
- Kindergarten students will be given instructions regarding their day
PTA – Parent Teacher Association
- The Belle Aire PTA’s mission is to partner with the school to provide programs that enrich our children’s education. Your participation is fundamental to the success of the PTA.
- A school directory will be available in electronic and/or paper form. It has very useful information such as a school calendar, PTA meeting dates, class lists, and policies and procedures for Belle Aire School.
- All PTA meetings are held in the LRC unless otherwise noted.
- PTA information is periodically emailed to Belle Aire Families.
- There are additional organizations available to your child at Belle Aire such as Boy/Girl Scouts and Indian Guides/Indian Princess.
- Information packets come home in your child’s backpack periodically. These are very important and need to be read. District 58 also sends out informational e-mails. These contain fliers and notices from outside organizations.
- You may occasionally bring in lunch for your child. Drop them off in the school office with your child’s name & grade (examples include home cooked food, McDonalds, Burger King, etc.)
- Hot lunch is offered twice a month for grades K(OKEEP)-6. Sign up is held at the beginning of the school year with PTA registration.
- In the winter months, make sure your child has appropriate winter gear, including snow pants for playing outside at recess.