Earth Day is April 22nd every year and school activities will highlight key themes to help everyone take care of our environment.
The theme for Earth Day 2023 is Invest in Our Planet. Together, we can prevent the coming disasters of climate change and environmental destruction. Learn more
What Can Kids do to help the Earth?
- Pack your lunch in a reusable bag with reusable containers, utensils, and water bottles
- Turn off and unplug electronics you’re not using; turn off your computer at night and turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Plant a tree or donate a tree through our Canopy Project.
- Join a local park, river or beach clean-up.
- Ride your bike or walk to school
- Stop using disposable plastics, especially single-use plastics like bottles, bags and straws.
- Recycle paper, plastic and glass.
- Bring reusable bags when you shop including reusable washable produce bags
- Use environmentally-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Use cloth towels instead of paper ones.
- Replace inefficient incandescent light bulbs with efficient CFLs or LEDs.
- Keep your tires properly inflated and get better gas mileage and change your car’s air filter regularly.
- Donate your old clothes and home goods instead of throwing them out.
- Change your paper bills to online billing. Read documents online instead of printing them. When you need to use paper, make sure it’s 100% post-consumer recycled paper and print two-sided.
Learn more at: