The Belle Aire Variety Show is a longstanding Belle Aire tradition and is a great way for our students to showcase their talents in front of their families and peers! All Belle Aire students are welcome to participate, whether in a solo or group act.
Does your student love to sing, dance, tumble, play instruments, perform magic, demonstrate martial arts skills, recite poetry or tell hilarious jokes? Now is the time to get creative and put those performing arts talents to action!
We cannot wait to cheer on all of our talented Bulldogs!
- When: Friday, May 19, 2023, 5:30pm
- Who: All Belle Aire Students, K-6th
- Where: Herrick Middle School
- Registration Deadline: Extended to April 14th
Rules for submissions:
- Group acts must be 2 minutes or less in length.
- Solo or duet acts must be 90 seconds or less in length.
- Please sign up for only one act per student to allow everyone an opportunity to perform. (NOT including the 6th grade closing act).
- All music to be used must be vetted by the Committee who hold the final decision on whether appropriate – more details and deadlines to come.
- Costumes are encouraged but cannot include weapons and must be performance appropriate.
- Participants must act respectful while using the venue space and clean up all trash and belongings after the rehearsal/show.
- Family members are invited to come cheer on their students but attendance may be capped due to limited space.
- Props to be used for performances must be carried on and off the stage by performers, cannot be anything breakable, cannot contain glitter and must be able to be set-up/removed within 2 minutes between acts.
- Each performance requires one adult coordinator/volunteer. Please note that this person must be available during both rehearsal and the day of the show to guide the performer(s).
We plan to hold a mandatory dress rehearsal at Herrick on Wednesday, May 17th from 4:30-6:30pm so the students can practice and view the stage and space for their performances prior to the big night. Students in kindergarten through 2nd grade will perform first in the line up with the show to end with any 6th graders who wish to perform in their traditional finale.
There is no cost to sign up and we hope to have some opportunities to raise money at the event by providing small items for sale and purchase of “good luck/encouragement” ads in the program to be printed for the show. More details to come on this soon.
Contact Carolyn Young-Slonek or Ashley Kok-Alblas (contact info found in DirectorySpot) with any questions or if you would like to join us in planning this special event or contact PTA here.
6th Grade Emcees!
Sixth Graders, we need your leadership skills! Sixth graders are also invited to participate as emcees/announcers of acts. If interested, please contact Carrie Blonigen (contact info found in DirectorySpot) and she will get you on the list.
Calling All parents/guardians who would like to help out with planning!
We need volunteers for the Variety Show Committee to help with facility and equipment rental sourcing, flyer and program design and print, possible fundraising options/sales for the event, photography, music vetting and other tasks that may come up for the dress rehearsal and day of the show. This is a fun event that we are excited to make amazing after a few years of hosting in a virtual format. Committee to meet in person or online starting in March once a week or biweekly. You can sign up for as much or as little as you are able to!
Variety Show Registration
Registration is closed